Our friends who were married in Jamaica visit there yearly on their anniversary. We’ve been trying to arrange a trip with them for a long time, but the scheduling never worked out. We finally planned far enough in advance to make it happen in 2013.
We spent part of the time staying with them up on the cliffs in Negril, then several days on Seven Mile Beach. Our final night (Matt’s birthday!) was spend at an all-inclusive in Montego Bay. We’ll never make the all-inclusive mistake again. Apart from that, it was a fantastic, relaxing trip, full of ocean, amazing Jamaican food, and plenty of local rum and beer.
We’ve already decided that next time we go to Jamaica, we’re just staying on the cliffs. It’s probably the friendliest place in the world.
(The entire photoset is here on Flickr.)
Read from the beginning below, or jump to each day:
- Sat 2/16: Arriving on the Cliffs
- Sun 2/17: The Angry Ocean, and a Restaurant in the Rainforest
- Mon 2/18: Jenga
- Tue 2/19: Cliff-Jumping and Poolside Napping
- Wed 2/20: Moving to Seven Mile Beach
- Thu 2/21: Reggae at Bourbon Beach
- Fri 2/22: The Red Dragon
- Sat 2/23: That Time we Spent Almost the Entire Day at Negril Bars
- Sun 2/24: Our Final Negril Sunset
- Mon 2/25: Our First and Last-Ever Stay at an All-Inclusive
- Tue 2/26: Jamaica to Minneapolis via Atlanta, and a Storm Near-Miss