Mon 17 Nov 2008
1. booked seats for jamaica flight
2. finished basement/bar preparation
3. had awesome chilaquiles for dinner
4. watched football and knitted
5. took a bath and read about hold-em
Tue 18 Nov 2008
1. started xmas shopping online
2. went to lunch at kieran’s with the parents
3. took photos of la casa
4. went to a vegetarian asian cooking class and made sesame noodles, potstickers, and moon cakes
5. did much shopping at the quarry target
Wed 19 Nov 2008
1. created house slide show
2. went to old-coworker happy hour
3. bought booze for our housewarming
4. had dinner at chiang mai
5. fell asleep on matt’s lap at 10pm
Thu 20 Nov 2008
1. traded foreign currency on fxcm (because the money was free!)
2. got almost $800 back from my old apartment
3. baked surfer squares and slutcakes for our housewarming party
4. had a 103 average at bowling, and beat that every game
5. watched survivor and knitted
And now, I give you a recipe #1 of my two-recipe compedium, as the instructions for Slutcakes are forthcoming. All I know about Surfer Squares is that my aunt has made them forever. They’re ridiculously sweet, floating in butter, and drunk people absolutely love them. Enjoy!
12oz butterscotch chips
1/2c brown sugar
2t baking powder
12oz chocolate chips
2c mini marshmallows
Preheat oven to 350.
In a heavy saucepan, melt butterscotch chips, brown sugar, and butter. Remove from heat and beat in eggs. Stir in flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix in chocolate chips and marshmallows, then spread in a greased 9×13 pan. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. The edges should be set, but the middle will still look a little undercooked.
Tomorrow is our housewarming (aka the shackin’ up party). I CAN’T WAIT. And I’ll see many of you there.
Have a great weekend!