On my birthday:
1) Matt brought me flowers, then took me to lunch.
2) My family came over for a barbecue at our house. Usually the family events are stressful, but we had a really great time, and sat around laughing all evening.
3) I got a hammock and stand for the yard, a giant inflatable Stanley Cup (which rode with us in my sister’s new car, of course), gift certificates for Bachmans and Amazon, a bottle of Red Stag, and something extremely awesome from Colleen that I can’t describe, but just need to take a photo.
4) I talked to many, many people I haven’t heard from in a while. I love that.
5) Other things we’re not discussing here.
The official party will be Saturday, but it would be hard to top my day yesterday. It was the best.
P.S. I’m working on a million photos from Chicago, and then I’ll tell you all about it!