For the first time ever, we decided to take a trip with my in-laws. I was worried that it wouldn’t work out well, but they turned out to be great travel companions! We flew into Fort Lauderdale, took them on a whirlwind tour of Miami, and then headed to the Keys. We had two nights at a quiet hotel on the ocean in Marathon, spent three nights across the street from Papa Hemingway’s house in Key West, and then had another short visit to Fort Lauderdale again before heading back.
I could easily live in Key West, I’m pretty sure.
(The entire photoset is here on Flickr.)
Read from the beginning below, or jump to each day:
- Sat 10/5: Over the Rainbow to Florida< /li>
- Sun 10/6: Meeting the Tarpon of the Upper Keys
- Mon 10/7: Bahia Honda: Perfection in the Keys
- Tue 10/8: Our Triumphant Return to Key West
- Wed 10/9: Best Place to be on a Boat.
- Thu 10/10: Hemingway’s Cats and the Rum Barge
- Fri 10/11: Exiting the Keys
- Sat 10/12: A Quick Stop in Kentucky