This has been a very excellent and relaxed few days.
I got a haircut and hung out on the patio at El Paraiso with Matt and Cindi, went to a BBQ at Ryan’s on Friday, and played monkey nuts and bocce in Jumi’s yard on Saturday night, followed by much hysterical laughing in the yard, until it was time to go home and sleep.
Yesterday, Matt and I took care of the important things early, so we could spend the day on the couch with the sports. I put my real license plates on my car, and we did some shopping and cleaning. I dyed my hair, knitted a ton, and we made a couple of really good pizzas for dinner. And, man, we saw a lot of baseball and soccer.
Tonight, Wendy and I are going to go shopping for Mardi Gras decor for our 3-Day van. Our costumes will involve capes. They are going to be awesome.
Some things I realized today after being sent the meme below:
- My Google calendar goes back to December 23, 1999. Thanks, internet! (It’s been imported from a palm device to Outlook to Yahoo to Gcal over these many years.)
- I started writing on here in June 2002. My first website, however, is 13 years old. OLDTIMER!
Anyway, because it’s Monday and this entertained me…
- WHAT WAS I DOING TEN YEARS AGO
Hell if I know.Well, I have some idea. In 1998, I worked for the State and Orpheum Theatres as webmaster. It was a pretty crappy position and didn’t pay much, but it was my first technical job, and put me in the line of work I’m in today (I’m a senior developer, working mostly with SQL Server. Did you know that?). Since our first apartment burnt down in 1995 and we bought a house in 2000, I’m guessing that in 1998, we lived in a rented house on 31st and Grand. The house was pretty great, because despite being across the street from a crack house, we had the run of the place, and got to garden and such. For most of the time there, Heather and I had the 2nd and 3rd stories, and Bertine had the first floor, followed by my sister. I always had the feeling there was something wrong with that house, though. I’m not sure why.
Other than that, though… I don’t really remember. I’m basing most of this on my entries here. Note the 5-year gap in my history. There’s probably a reason for that.
- WHAT ARE FIVE NON-WORK THAT ARE ON MY TO-DO LIST TODAY
– check Schwab deposits from ING (postponed, as they’re not there yet)
– cancel dermatologist appointment (I’m cured!)
– go to the gym
– go shopping with Wendy
– beat Matt at Scrabble (hey, I’m optimistic.)
- SNACKS I ENJOY
tiny crunchy dill pickles (this horrifies Matt to no end), yogurt, Wheat Thins, string cheese
- THINGS I WOULD DO IF I WERE A BILLIONAIRE
– leave gigantic tips
– pay off my siblings’ mortgages
– donate to the 3-Day
– find the most responsible investment advisor on earth and let them handle the complicated stuff
– buy a bar on the beach on an island in the Caribbean
– transport all my friends to said bar on the beach in the Caribbean
– travel around the world
– maybe buy an NHL franchise
- PLACES I HAVE LIVED
Hales Corners, Wisconsin
Eagan, Richfield, and all-over-South-Minneapolis, Minnesota.
And I’ve slept a few nights in my car.
Have an excellent week, dudes. And lemme know if you play along with this meme as well.