Time for the year-end roundup! I’ve been copying Chele with this for many years now.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Learned letterpress printing
Wrote a Windows application in VB.NET
Saw Twins games in the out-of-doors
Made my own bitters
Saw WWE wrestling in person
Went to Vermont
Was a captain/coach on the Breast Cancer 3-Day
Had absinthe on Bourbon Street
Joined a sanctioned bowling league
Learned to sail
Cheered for Brett Favre
Watched a huge portion of the World Cup
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions and will you make more for next year?
– go to Europe – no! europe was expensive, so we went to hawaii instead.
– sell my car and buy a used one with cash – yes, and I love my little car.
– lose 30 more pounds – nope! still working on that.
– be sweep team captain on the 3-Day – yes!
– get another tattoo (I know what I want, but not where) – nope! man, that placement decision is hard.
I’m going to pass on making resolutions (except for my usual “have fun, be awesome, don’t die”, and focus on my 101 things list over the next year instead.)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Bill and Katie!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
No new countries! Just a new island in Hawaii.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
More PTO. I will always want more PTO.
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The night Matt asked me to marry him on the beach in Maui. Everything about it was perfect.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
My projects at work – there’s a lot going on
Learning letterpress printing
Learning to sail
My knitting projects
9. What was your biggest failure?
Calling something a failure is stupid. I got a parking ticket in Syracuse, how’s that?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
The worst thing that happened to me was a cough that lasted 2 months. I’m ok with that.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The Deuce (my car)
Our new free iPod. I got it with a combination of Amazon gift certificates and a gift card I won at work.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Everyone involved with the Breast Cancer 3-Day!
Our neighbors, during the Great Snowstorm of 2010
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
A bunch of cash went towards my car (but ultimately has saved me a ton)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Weddings (friends’ and ours)
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Let’s Do It Again by J-Boog (we heard it constantly in Hawaii)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier
ii. thinner or fatter? The same
iii. richer or poorer? Richer. (Turns out selling your expensive car makes a huge difference.)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Letterpress printing… the time commitment is hard.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
In Watertown with my future in-laws! We had Christmas with my family here last night.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
I spent the year in love.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Survivor or the World Series of Poker
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Of course not.
24. What was the best book you read?
The Yiddish Policemen’s Union by Michael Chabon
25. What was your greatest musical discovery of 2010?
The NAS/Damian Marley album
26. What did you want and get?
A trip to New Orleans, a 12-day vacation in Hawaii, an engagement ring, a really cheap new car, an awesome garden
27. What did you want and not get?
ONE MILLION DOLLARS!
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Hot Tub Time Machine, because of the people I went with.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Spent time with family and friends. I turned 37 this year.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not having to think about politics. Ever.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Same as always: Comfortable? Sports-logoed?
32. What kept you sane?
My awesome friends
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Anything based in racism, ignorance, or intolerance.
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
My 3-Day crew teammates.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
Getting the insurance on your phone is worth it!
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
And someday soon my friends, this ride will come to an end
But we can’t just get in line again
Do what makes you happy now, while you still have the chance.