What’s been going on in the last week besides hanging with hippies named Onyx and betting on horses? Well, I’ll tell you.
– We got a Costco membership. We own a lot of paper towels now. Costco is awesome.
– Our yard has become even better. We had firewood delivered on Sunday, and yesterday I finished my planting: tomatoes and many different peppers in the vegetable garden, some perennials in the brand new front garden, and the windowbox outside the living room. Everything looks so good. I’m worried about what the insane mid-90s heat the last two days did to the spinach, but we’ll know when we try it.
– The vegetable garden now contains: 2 kinds of tomatoes, bell peppers, 4 kinds of hot peppers, snap peas, pole beans, carrots, amaranth, sunflowers, corn, beets, zucchini, yellow squash, spinach, lettuce, broccoli, green onions, white onions, and many herbs.
– My dad and I went to go use our flight simulator gift certificates at the mall for his birthday. We flew fighter jets, and got to try to shoot down planes over Pearl Harbor. The best part for me was 1) seeing the harbor, as I’ve actually landed there a few times, and it’s always scary on the landing-strip-in-the-ocean, and 2) crashing my plane (intentionally) into Diamond Head. I tried to shoot my dad down, too, but got dizzy doing barrel rolls.
– With the heat came the ants in our bathroom. I’m not sure if they’re carpenter ants or not, but they’re the big black ones who usually live outside, and therefore it’s war. The baits seem to be ineffective so far, so I got the spray stuff that you apply to the foundation. If that doesn’t work, there’s always firebombing. The day an ant walks on my butt while I’m peeing is the day that… well, you don’t even want to know.
– Granted, it could be a lot worse. It could be centipedes. Or roaches. Shudder.
– The draft party is tonight. Last year, Cindi ended up laying with her head in the gutter. I’m hoping to not be the gutterhead this year, but they’re promising it’s going to be even more ridiculous than before. Thank jebus that we took tomorrow off.
– Camping is tomorrow!!!! I’ve been assembling stuff all week. Cindi, Matt, and I are hoping to head out around noon tomorrow (depending on post-party status), and head toward Interstate State Park on highway 8. This will allow us to experience the Chisago county cuteness, stop at Eichten’s so they can buy buffalo and I can buy cheese curds, and probably hit up a bar or two in St Croix Falls before checking in. The site’s not open til 3pm, after all. We’re expecting a group that will range from 15-25 at various times, and it is going to be awesome.
Have a great Memorial Day weekend, everybody!