1. What did you do in 2021 that you’d never done before?
Got vaccinated (and booster-ed) for COVID
Had solar panels installed on our house
Went to the virtual Sundance Film Festival
Got a tattoo at FEST
Had multiple COVID scares, thankfully none of them positive
Celebrated our Key West anniversary while not being in Key West (we were in SD with Matt’s parents)
Worked with Websockets, Signalr, and Blazor
Rented a boat that we drove ourselves (I hated being the captain)
Didn’t travel internationally (well, this was the first time since 2004)
Celebrated our 10th anniversary in New Orleans after a hurricane
Joined the GLEE Community Garden
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t make any! Probably for the best.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
A friend was killed in an accident in Key West
5. What countries did you visit?
I hate this forever-pandemic
6. What would you like to have in 2022 that you lacked in 2021?
7. What date from 2021 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Arriving in New Orleans on our first big trip during the pandemic
The pool-float party at John and Elaine’s, because it was the best
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting a better investment plan in place
Having solar installed
9. What was your biggest failure?
I’m not going to focus on failures during a pandemic, thank you
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, I just had a couple sinus infections that I thought were COVID. I’ve been lucky.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Everyone in charge in Florida.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Traveling again and seeing friends!
16. What song will always remind you of 2021?
Solar Power – Lorde (is this a theme?)
Holiday – Turnstile (they make us jump around)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) Fatter or thinner: fatter, thanks pandemic
b) Richer or poorer: richer, thanks pandemic
c) Happier or less happy: for the first time ever, less happy. THANKS, PANDEMIC
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Projects in general
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
We were in South Dakota with my in-laws. It was a great time.
21. Did you fall in love in 2021?
We celebrated our 10th anniversary this year!
22. What was your favorite TV program?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I feel that Ron DeSantis has done an extraordinary job of making himself hateable, so yeah. Him.
24. What was the best book you read?
25. What was your greatest musical discovery of 2021?
We Are The Union
26. What did you want and get?
Solar on our house!
27. What did you want and not get?
To go to Ireland… we’re now rebooked for August 2022.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Matt and I went out to dinner at Four Marlins, and then we had a massive brunch at Hot Tin Roof after everyone was back in town.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2020?
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Not letting white supremacists make laws anymore
35. Who did you miss?
Everyone, since we had to avoid people so much this year.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Everyone at the GLEE Community Garden
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2021:
Save money. Lots of money. It’s unfortunately the only way to have an easy life.